The first step in building a custom desktop is finding out what the customer needs. From there, we will carefully consider all options and create a detailed estimate. We discuss our choices with the customer and explain our choices, and listen to any comments they may have. We will continue this process of back and forth discussion until the customer is completely satisfied.
Of the many things to consider when building a desktop PC, these are the most common areas that we can influence.
- Sound pollution. Is noise an issue?
- Size. Where will this computer be located and is its size important?
- Utility. Do you need more than one DVD drive or perhaps a card reader to interface with camera memory cards?
- Operating System. What version of Windows would you prefer?
- Performance. Is gaming something that this PC will be doing?